The Treasury Historical Association (THA) is an all-volunteer, non-profit educational and historic preservation organization established in 1973 and dedicated to education on and commemoration of the history of the US Department of the Treasury, including its constituent bureaus, and to the preservation of Treasury historic properties, especially the Treasury Building next to the White House.

The Treasury Building, constructed between 1836 and 1869, is one of the country's finest examples of Greek Revival architecture. It served as the temporary White House for President Andrew Johnson and its splendid Cash Room was the site of President Ulysses S. Grant's Inaugural Reception.

 

 

 

THA has provided the Department of the Treasury with a number of significant gifts to assist in the restoration of the National Historic Landmark Treasury Building, including the gilding of the ceilings of the Cash Room, North Wing dome, and eagles in interior column capitals.